Monday, February 25, 2008

ME GRIMLOCK NOT KISSER, ME GRIMLOCK KING!


The title of this post is not completely relevant. I just wanted to use a Transformers quote.

In preparation for my wedding, my fiancee and I have been taking dance classes. We're learning the Waltz, as well as the Argentinian Tango. The Waltz is kind of tricky for me, but if I do say so myself, I'm actually not bad at the Argentinian Tango.

It was really weird, though, my form had to be corrected quite a lot. Among my errors - my shoulders were always too high up and too tense.

After all that mat time in BJJ and CMD classes, I think I'd be a bit alarmed if this wasn't the case, but in any event it was pretty hard to get used to...I feel a bit naked without my shoulders touching my jaw.

Also, I actually have a pretty long neck; as it turns out, several circumstances have conspired to make it appear otherwise:

1. My neck is a little thick, and my traps are a bit bigger than the average guy on the street.
2. My shoulders spend more time closer to my face than away from it (see above).
3. I don't shave regularly and I also keep a goatee, which apparently makes my jaw seem longer than it is.

As an aside, I would like to send out a great, big "HA!" to all the people who keep giving me flak about my jaw and neck (or the overabundance and lack thereof, respectively).

No comments:

 
Free counter and web stats