Sunday, March 2, 2008

THERE WILL BE BLISTERS

No, that's not my picture. This is Steve Cotter, who was just at KDT to conduct a 2-day Kettlebell Trainer Certification seminar.

Steve is the Director of the International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation (IKFF). He has over 25 years of fitness and martial arts experience. He's also phenomenally strong (we took a picture of him doing a double windmill, holding a 20kg -AND- a 28kg kettlebell, both in his lower hand).

So the long and short of it is, after around 13 hours' worth of training over 2 days, I am now a Certified Kettlebell Trainer (level 1)! I'm told that we're the first batch to be certified in South-East Asia, which is pretty cool. I had a lot of fun - Steve is a really cool guy, and not just cause he autographed one of my kettlebells.

The others who were certified were (from KDT) Vince, Kate, Thong, Chui and Cliff. Paul and David, Vince's friends from Kota Kinabalu were also certified, as were Jonathan Wong from the Pushmore gym and Ty (sorry man, forget your last name), an American living in Bangkok.

My palms had the life wrung out of them and I wonder how much of this seminar will make it into Vince's classes this week. Time to soak my hands.

P/S I'm also in the process of adding more pictures to the blog. Just in case you didn't notice.

No comments:

 
Free counter and web stats