Tuesday, May 26, 2009

“WHAT DO YOU –MEAN-, ‘I’M NOT GOING!?’”

I've been getting this a lot lately. For the last week I’ve been debating my attendance at the Mundials, which is why I haven’t posted anything about plyometric chinups or whatever.

It’s a long story and I guess I don’t have to go into very much detail about this. Suffice it to say that it’s not been fun. There were a lot of reasons for me to stay in Malaysia and I’ve been busy dealing with them. Even as late as yesterday morning, I was convinced I should just withdraw.

Something then happened to change my mind and get me back on track. Again, there’s not much need to go into it right now, but the end result is that I will in fact be there this year.

I’ve just checked the competitor list and there’s now 48 guys, which means a current maximum of 6 matches. It’s by far and away the largest competition I could even think about entering. I’ll have to fly to the other side of the world, deal with a 16-hour time difference and I fully expect every one of these guys to want this as much as I do.

Which is fine. I am going to the Mundials to give it everything I have and, win or lose, I will carry God and His Word with me.

Time to get back to training.

No comments:

 
Free counter and web stats